Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, March 24, 2014

Rough Week, The Atonement is REAL - Monday, March 24, 2014

Hey family, 


Well this has really been a hard, interesting week. Where do I start...

So do you remember near the beginning of this transfer there was an Emergency Transfer and another Elder came to my are? When I got put with him, President Killpack told me to keep him updated on his obedience level. So no sooner than that, I discovered him sneaking out at night. So, I talked to him about it, and he said he was just going for runs to the church and back. I tried to get him to stay or have me go with him on his runs, but he refused to let me. No sooner than that, had I discovered he has an iPod touch with internet on it. Since he was gone for 4 hours at a time most nights, my assumption was that he was going to the church to do not very good things on his iPod. So, I talked to him about that, and he kinda just blew me off again. So one day, I was trying to get to know him better, and asked if he had a girl waiting for him back home, and he said nope, he dumped her on his mission. So I was like, okay good for you! But...what was weird was that one day one of the other Elders asked him if he had a girlfriend, and he said yep! So I thought that was weird...and on Sunday, he told me that "tomorrow he had a member from his last area coming over. A very "specific" member". So I was like Uuuh...ok. Then on Monday, we were hiking to Romero pools, and Elder Faustini, (my best friend on the mission) was walking with this Elder and he told him he had a girlfriend and is coming over tonight to our apartment. So I was like Oh...Heeck Nooooo! So, I had no choice to to tell prez. So I texted him later that night, and he came over to our apartment and cheeeewed him out, and she came and he cheeeewed her out. Apparently, he had developed a very strong, physical relationship to a girl in his last area. So prez took his iPod, and discovered that at the church every night he was texting her and hooking up with her and all sorts of bad stuff. He bashed on me in the texts and bashed on president. So to make a long story short, I was at the airport this morning walking my companion to airport security. He's going home. I'm gonna be put in a trio again. BUT..... I have a car! I'm staying in my area, but am covering another area as well.

So this week was very, very, very rough. I didn't want to snitch on him, and I wish he would have made better choices, but there are consequences to our actions. So this week was rough. I killed off a missionary, and it wasn't fun. To top that off, another Elder who I became good friends with is going home today and he asked president to have me drop him off at the airport and walk him in. So today I will have gone to drop a missionary off to be sent home twice. Not fun... And the second Elder was my best friend. He made some poor choices too, but for different reasons. He's a great guy, but just wasn't up for serving another year. He was with me in my first area, in Binghampton, and now in North, is still in my district. He has been a huge part of my whole mission, and it's going to be so weird and different when he leaves.

I am so glad for the Atonement that gives us unlimited chances and opportunities to change and to become better and to erase but not forget our mistakes. I love the Atonement. My testimony has grown so strong of it on my mission. I testify that it really does have power to heal, and to change. It is unbelievably incredible. I don't know how it works, but it does.

I love you all, and I hope you have a wonder-filled week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.