Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Disappearing Package - Tuesday, March 4th, 2014

Hey Family!

So nothing really happened on Transfers this week. So its gonna be the same ol same ol. Susan pushed back her Baptism to this weekend, and then the following week we are baptizing Josh. Pretty soon here we are gonna have to start finding more people to teach, cuz our teaching pool is running dry! I hate tracting. So what we've been doing lately is just working through members, and that is going pretty well. The members in the Countryside ward are super awesome and solid! Most members give us 1 or 2 referals after each lesson we leave with them. 

We called the Mision Office this week to figure out what happened to my package and potentially all my mail that I might have gotten this last transfer, cuz we haven't gotten ANY mail at all in the past 6 weeks. The Office said they received a package for me on the 13 of February and sent it to me the same day, and it still hasn't gotten to me. The mission office has our apartment address right and everything. So we went to talk to the Post Office, and they said they don't know what happened to it and they'll keep their eyes open for it.... So pretty much it's gone forever... The Lord is definitely trying to teach me patience this week. 

On Sunday, I got to see the Gilbert Temple Dedication. That was pretty cool. When the Prophet put in the cement for the corner stone at the beginning, he was just making jokes left and right, it was hilarious! It just made me realize how loving and light-hearted our prophet is, and yet so incredibly spiritual. That was my first dedication I've been to. It's about time they're gonna do the ground breaking for the Tucson Temple here pretty soon. So excited for that!

Well I hope everyone has a great week! Saw some Elders leave home today who I hav been serving with for a long time. It was really weird to see them go. It made me realize how short a mission is. I'm already a 4th done with it. I need to make the most of it and work hard starting now!

I love you all, and have a fantabulous week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.