Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, March 31, 2014

Bear Your Testimony! - Monday, March 31st, 2014

Hey family!


This week has been pretty hectic, to say the truth. Had to take two missionaries to the airport on Monday, to send them home. That was crazy. So now I am in a trio with Elder Mcmurchry and Elder Jones. Elder McMurchry reminds me of Max Whittle and we get along super-duper well! Elder Jones is really tall.

On Thursday, we got a call from a member in the Tortalita ward (another ward I am covering along with the Tortalita ward), and the member said that these J-Dubs (Jehovah Wittness missionaries) keep coming to her house and she is too nice to say go away, so she was wondering if we could come over. So we did. We went to her house a couple minutes before they were supposed to show up. They rang the door bell, and they seemed really nice, until they walked in the house and saw three boys on the couch waving, and wearing white shirts and ties with name-tags. I know this is bad, but it was really fun "bashing" with them. We had all these scriptures prepared, and we bore our testimonies. However, the most powerful thing was when the member shared her testimony. That was crazy. That's when the spirit really kicked in. It really is the members who can truly invite the spirit in discussions as they share what they know to be true! So that's my challenge to all of you this week, is to look for opportunities to bear your testimony to those around you. You are more powerful than you think!

Well this week we reestablished a lot of baptismal dates. We are baptizing almost weekly now. We got Marlon on April 12, Josh on April 19th,  Nadine on the 26th, and Suzette on May 10th! She is the most stubborn Blanco out of all of them, so I think I got her on a hook when I said that that's my brothers birthday, and I'm gonna miss it....so will you be baptized on my brother's birthday?? She agreed!! AND went to church for the first time last week! So everything's is going great in our area! I Love this area! Hopefully I will stay next transfer, which is comin' up here!

 Love you all and have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.