Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

TRANSFERS - January 21, 2014

Family!


This week I got transferred! It's pretty funny. Sunday night we were supposed to get transfer calls. I was so expecting to leave the Binghamton Ward and on Sunday night, if you don't get a call, you aren't being transferred. So it got to be 11:30 pm at night and still no call. So I called the Zone Leaders to ask them if I was getting transferred, and they said probably not if I didn't get a call yet. I was sooooo upset. I so desperately wanted to get transferred. Don't get me wrong, I love love love the Binghamton ward, but there is just not much work going on in the Foothills area. So, I was pretty upset, so I text-ed one of our AP's and asked "are you serious?? I'm really not getting transferred??" He called me and said, "sorry, I forgot you guys!" Haha! So I did get transferred-  to the Tucson North Zone in the Countryside Ward. I'm training an Elder Peterson. I just met him today. He is pretty interesting. I think he a little struggly in grasping things. This transfer should be interesting.

So this last week, one of my companions had an interview with President Killpack and told him he no longer has the desire to do missionary service. He so desperately wants to go home, so he did. He left yesterday. It's a bummer when someone's pride gets in the way. They look only at what they want and what they need, and decide they don't want to serve other people. However, what they don't realize is that when we serve other people, we actually serve ourselves. It builds character and humility. It sucks that he went home. 

Also this week, we stopped by our investigator's house, and we walked in on him "huffing" on dust spray. That stuff is so dangerous, it can kill you in a heartbeat. He was as high as a rocket. So we took it away from him, and sat him down and asked him what was going on, and he said that he is just bored and has no school or work. We then shared with him a scripture that shares how we can gain strength from the Lord. But he was high and crazy during the whole lesson. So that was crazy. That was the last time I saw him. 

So I said goodbye yesterday to all of my Binghamton family; the Chesley's the Cannata's the Frederico's. They all are awesome and make my mission feel so much at home. (this does my heart so much good! I know we try to welcome our missionaries here and try to treat them like our own sons - it makes us feel like we are taking care of Micah when we are taking care of them. So...thank you to the Chesley's, Cannata's and Frederico's and all future families who will care for my son, and all missionaries!)

 I love you all! And hope you have a fantastic, wonderful, and adventurous week!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.