Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, September 22, 2014

"Savior Redeemer of My Soul" - Monday, Sept 22nd, 2014

Hey family, 


Sorry, I was having a blast reading all of your emails, so this will be really short! Elder Talbot and I have set a record in this area for # of Investigators and # of lessons on a week! We are working hard! This week, we had the opportunity to go to the Gila Valley Temple. It was awesome, because I got to be baptized for some of Sister Jones Ancestors. (First time in a year I have been fully submerged in water haha) (Sister Jones is a former student of mine who is a convert and now serving in Micah's mission. She got to take some names from her family to the temple...and Elder Wise got to go assist!) It was a real cool experience.

Singing in sacrament went really well I thought. I sang "Savior Redeemer of My Soul" from Joseph Smith the Prophet. You can look it up on Youtube. (not of me, but the arrangement) It's beautiful. It has a violin in it. Sister Corbit played the violin. She majored in violin performance in college, and SHE SOUNDS SOOOO GOOD!!! The Piano player was Sister Walker, Stake President Walker's wife. I LOVE THE WALKERS! President Walker and I are pretty tight. I brought my bike over to his house this week, cuz it was being stupid and we worked on it for an hour or so.
But not to toot my own horn (well yah, I'm gonna toot my own horn) haha but Eder Talbot said that by the end of the song almost everyone was crying in the congregation. Some people told my that I'm "gonna go places with that voice". At dinner last night with Sister Price, she said I would be sooooo good in movies, because my emotion is "so perfect and precise with the music and what is being said" idk... They are all really nice compliments I receive. (Elder Wise really does have a beautiful voice and I'm so happy to see he is using his gift in his mission. Makes me happy!)
This week has been really great! We were able to find 2 new Investigators this week from other Investigators we have! They introduced us to their friends and they are pretty interested in the Gospel! This Saturday, our Ward had a talent show. It was SUPER fun! We all have talents, and we need to let them shine! And magnify and practice them! I love you all, and sorry for the short email! Have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.