Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, September 15, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MICAH!!!! - Monday, Sept 15th, 2014

Hey family! 

I had a great birthday! People in the Central Ward really take care of you! Haha! It was fun! Thank you for all of your birthday wishes. 

Man, the work in the Central Ward is crazy! Right now we have 4 baptism scheduled for the 27th of September and many more to follow. By the end of this month, Elder Talbot and I are hoping to have 10 baptism dates set. We really are raising our vision for this ward. 

We had a long week of finding and finding and finding! We only found 1 new Investigator this week. It's interesting how there are so many who have been prepared, but you are just looking in the wrong place! But our Investigators, Jim and Joe are continuing to progress. One of them has invited 3 people to listen to the missionaries and come to church! So we are meeting with them this week! I'm pretty excited! 

Funny tracting experience: We were knocking doors in this apartment complex, and we came to this one door, and this old hippie guy came out, and he stared for like 10 seconds at my name tag and SLAMMED his screen door shut. He then said that we are the servants of the DEVIL! And that he was athiest (Hmmmm believe in the Devil and not God....), that he believes in freedom from religion, and that we have been brain washed since we were born, yada-yada=yada... Anyways, we just walked away, and he said if he sees us again he is calling the cops! So we knocked on the next door and he's like "THAT'S IT! I'M calling the cops right in front of your face! And I'm taking a picture to prove it!!!" And so he comes up like 3 inches away from my face and starts taking pictures. By this point Elder Talbot just walked away. Haha! Probably the smartest thing to do.. I just walked away then too. BOY HE WAS CRAZY! I think all we said was "Hi, how are you doing today?" And he calls us the servants of the Devil... Stock don't let this make you afraid from coming on a mission. Tracting is where you get the best stories! Anyways, just thought I would share that.. .It was strange...lol 

Next week, I am singing in Sacrament meeting "Savior Redeemer of My Soul" from the Joseph Smith the Prophet. I have a piano player and an AMAZING violinist accompanying me. It'll be fun! Well I'm winding down on my time in the Central Ward of the Tucson Stake. It's been quite the adventure. I love the people here. The people of Tucson are so unique from any one else in the world. It truly is it's own culture. Maybe I will get transferred out of Tucson this time! haha! 

I forgot last week to wish Grandpa Roy a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What is he like 30 now?? ;) 

Anyways, love all of you and hope you have a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.