Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, June 2, 2014

Wokin' in the City - Monday, June 2, 2014

Family,

It's interesting working in a city. It's so much different. My last area was a lot like Camas, and it's like working in downtown Portland now. It's hard to find new investigators, because they are all hobos, and everybody else is mean and rude! It's tough... But I'll keep working hard! 

It's also hard being on a bike. My legs are killing me. I'm so out of shape... This week wasn't very productive either. Elder Malcarne doesn't like calling people before appointments, so we bike 20 or 25 minutes to an appointment, and they aren't there!!! Now I'm being negative.

We have lots of investigators, but none of them are progressing. I like the ward though. The members are awesome. There are some characters in it, but for the most part, they're sweet. I need to be more careful on the bike. Last night on our way home, these guys stopped and backed up suddenly, and there was a car behind them, so I couldn't see it, and it was backing up into it's driveway and he almost hit me. I looked back pretty traumatized and then looked in front of me, and WACK! I ran right into a parked car at a stop sign. There was not damage, and I'm ok, but GEEZ! It's hard to be alert and pay attention when you're dead tired. But I need to be more careful. Isn't much to report on this week, so I love you all and hope you have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.