Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, May 5, 2014

Indiana Jones - May 5, 2014

Hey Family!


It's starting to get really HOT down here. Haha! But it's pretty windy at the same time. It's like a HOT blow dryer 24/7.
This morning we went to Romero Pools again. And we found this rope that was tied pretty firmly into a rock. And all of us were climbing this cliff up and down to the water with this rope. I felt pretty courageous and went down to a cliff next to it and asked someone to throw me the rope. I was going to pull an Indiana Jones move and get a running start, kick off a rock and swing with the rope to the main cliff and climb up. It didn't work out that way. I got a running start, and jumped off the rock, but the Rope jerked a little bit and I fell face first into the water. I FELT SO APOSTATE!!! Haha! I quickly grabbed the rope and pulled myself out of the water. Haha! Everyone thought it was HILARIOUS, but I thought it sucked.....Until I saw the video on my camera, and yeah it's pretty embarrassing hahaha! So I had to hike back in soaking wet clothes. Not fun. Haha! 


So this week, we had a lesson with Suzette Blanco. She is the kind of person who is sassy and stubborn just for the sake of being sassy and stubborn. So the last couple of weeks, I have been praying for something to humble her. This week we she called us absolutely devastated, and told us that the guy she's been dating for the past 4 years, who is anti-Mormon, just dumped her. Boy, that really brought her into the depths of humility. We had an awesome lesson with her after that, and we told her that as representatives of Jesus Christ, we told her that he has allowed you to lose and forget about that relationship so she can focus on the relationship with her Savior. The spirit was really strong, and we could tell she knew the truth and knew what she had to do. We were planning on baptizing her next week, but she wants more time to read the Book of Mormon, so we are going push her date back a week or so. This last weekend, we baptized Josh Guillen. He is so incredibly quiet. I ask him "How does that make you feel about Heavenly Father?" "....Good." "Well, that's good. Can you expound on that?" "......Really good." GAAH! Furstrating. I honestly didn't think he was ready, but he says he believes in the church and the Book of Mormon, and wants to get baptized, so I wasn't going to stop him.

I have a picture of him on my camera in his white jump suit right before he is about to get baptized, and he has the most blank look on his face. That pretty much describes his whole personality. Haha! It was rough working with him, but I know he will experience the blessings of baptism. The Priests are going to teach him the new member lessons to keep him active and going to mutual and such. Tonight, I get to see my Zone leader that went home last transfer. Elder Zach Smith is back in town. Haha! It's going to be so weird seeing him again. Alright, well I hope you all have a great week! I love yall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.