Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, April 28, 2014

LIFE DOES NOT END HERE - Monday, April 28th, 2014

Hey family! 


This week has been great! We went tracting this week, and within the first 10 doors, we got into 3 and were able to teach a lesson, and set up another lesson! I know that doesn't happen a lot while tracting, so that was pretty cool. lol BUT, while we were doing that, someone put shaving cream and sardines ALL OVER our car. We had to take it to the car wash and pay 40 bucks to get it cleaned and waxed, otherwise it would ruin the paint. Our car still smells NASTY!! I have never smelled sardines before this, but they are DISGUSTING!!! We even sprayed our whole car with pine scent, but the smell is still there.

 I CAN"T WAIT TO SKYPE NEXT WEEK! (for Mother's Day, we get to skype...it's so fun to SEE his perfect face and hear his beautiful voice!) Let me know what time you can do it, cuz I know we gots lots of missionaries that need skyping in the parsons family!  

We have had tons of success the last couple of weeks, it's been awesome! Last night, we went and gave a blessing to a 98 year old woman who was on her death bed. She couldn't speak, but was conscious. They haven't fed her any food or water for days, cuz she would just choke on it, so now all they can do is wet the outside of her lips with a cloth. It was really sad looking at her. I have been around death more on my mission than my entire life. It really is humbling. But at the same time, it's a beautiful experience because I have the knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan. I know that life does not begin at birth and that it most certainly does not end at death. It was great to give her a blessing. It was sad, because tears were coming out of her eyes during the blessing, but she couldn't open her eyelids or speak. In just a few hours, she will be with her husband in the spirit world and enter into a state of rest and peace, where she can help her family even more than what she could do while on Earth. I have a testimony of that. Our ancestors are on the other side helping us and encouraging us along the way. I love you all and can't wait to see you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.