Elder Micah Wise

Elder Micah Wise
Arizona Tucson Mission

Monday, February 3, 2014

THIS IS...the WAY, THE TRUTH and the LIFE - February 3, 2014

Hello Family!
 
Well this has been an interesting week. I am learning to be more patient. That is the biggest thing the Lord can probably teach me on my mission. To be patient with others.
 
This week we found lots of new people to teach! We have never really sat down with them yet to talk with them, but all of them seem super solid. I'm excited to start teaching them!
 
I have realized his week hat I am beginning to love he work. It's interesting, at the beginning of my mission, I just did the wok cuz that's what I'm out here to do. However, now that I feel like I have grown my own testimony of the Church, I sincerely want to share it with others. This church is the true church and it provides a light and a hope from he awefulness and the bitterness and the nasty, lonely world that we live in. Heavenly Father does have a plan of true happiness. The world and worldly things look awesome and look like so much fun - and really, they are. But if people would have an eternal perspective, not even that, just a futurisic perspective, people would be so much happier with the choices that they make. Because although the world is fun, there are not only eternal consequences, but very iminant consequences from the choices that we make. I wish everyone could know that, and that this church provides thee way to an escape from the world. That's my tesimony, and I hope it grows even more on my mission. I feel the spirit so strongly right now, because I know the things I am saying are true and my heart really does ache for those who do not find the right way and get caught in inevitable misery and loneliness.
 
Anyways, I miss you all very much and I hope I can return home honorably from my mission. I am trying to work hard, but lately, I have discovered why Jacob Buzan said that his mission was the hardeest thing he's ever done. Missions are filled wih dissapointments because people have their agency and can choose for themselves the wrong choices. That happened alot this week with our current investigators, and I am trying to figure out and I'm praying to know why Heavenly Father allows us as missionaries feel the heartache and the dissapointment of other people's choices. I can't quite figure it out yet, but I will continue to pray.
 
I love you all so much. Some of my zone went on a hike today to Romeru Pools, and it was so beautiful, it reminded me of Camas. Don't take the trees and the rivers and the mountains that we have for granted. It's so beautiful - I miss it being in Arizona. Haha!

Everyone have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments for Elder Wise.